Vanity of Vanities....
Man I feel old today. Old, blobby, pale and chippy. Chippy? Yes that's when your nails have more of a meth look rather than a nice clean color (or clear coat). It's about this time of year that I long for the sun, the pedicures, the highlights and just about any other artificial alteration that would make me feel pretty. I don't know why I long for these things but I do. One spring I was able to achieve it and ever since then I have been slave to the "I did it once, I can do it again" ideal.
I always seem to forget however, that the aforementioned spring had me single, a senior in college with no children and no classes until 11am. I had time on my side! And habits. Some good, some not so good. I only ate 1200 calories a day. I went to the gym 4 days a week, I went to the tanning bed at least that often and I got mani/pedis at least once a month and kept up with my highlights. Ah yes the good old days. There is absolutely nothing in the world that would make me trade my life as it is now for that life. But does it really have to be one or the other? Maybe I could just have one highlight? Or a natural glow? Is that too much to ask? Sometimes a girl just needs a makeover. I think I am definitely that girl. Perhaps a haircut is in order. There is no way I can only eat 1200 calories right now, breastfeeding and all. But maybe the calories I do eat don't need to come from break-n-bake cookies ALL of the time ;-). Looking for balance over here folks. If you find it, let me know!









4 comments:
i have balance... my stylist will do a cut/color for 50% off for both of us if i bring a friend. we can discuss at the curtain consultation. :)
ummm....yes please!
I think a new haircut is awesome. And 1200 cal a day is unhealthy, no matter who you are. :)
i find the "bottle tan" works nicely..I use the lotion that takes a few days to darken.
Post a Comment