3.26.2009

Cloth Diapering Update and a question!

Pick me pick me!

We are loving using cloth diapers but I have hit a wall with napping and I am not sure how to tackle it. Oscar sleeps in a disposable overnight and then I usually switch to cloth in the morning. However, the past few days have been a struggle sleep-wise and I have found that he will take longer naps in a disposable. The cloth diapers don't leak but if I try to use cloth, he wakes up in that sensitive transition time (usually around 45 minutes) because he can feel the wetness. I have some BumGenius one size dipes that have worked pretty well at naptime, but they are so bulky that I think he is a little uncomfortable. They kinda spread his legs out like a frog. So, I have been using disposables for naps...which with a 2 month old pretty much means all day because he sleeps so much!

What should we do? I don't want to give up on cloth, but Oscar definitely needs his sleep. Right now we have a mixture of prefolds/covers, AIOS and the BGs. We like all of them for different reasons and Oscar doesn't have a problem with them unless he is trying to sleep.

Cloth mommies, got any ideas??

6 comments:

Mama Goose,  3/26/2009 1:42 PM  

in my world, sleep always trumps everything, so i say do whatever you have to to get him to sleep.

we use bumgenius at night. i know micah is bigger, though, so that doesn't solve your uncomfortableness problem. i think we were using them all night by 2 months though and he did ok? might be worth a shot.

regan,  3/26/2009 2:37 PM  

hmmm, yes i too would say that whatever gets him the most sleep would be what i would do!
i was too overwhelmed to even start cloth diapers until g was 3 months old.
we still use a disposable at night because she is a very heavy wetter. she has been sleeping 12 hours at night since 6 months and i don't want to mess with that!
during the day we use prefolds with covers and then for naps we use fuzzi bunz or bumgenius. they seem to hold more and do better with keeping the wetness away from the skin i think.
sorry i can't be of more help but i would say that if you have to use 'sposies more than cloth right now, then don't feel bad about it at all! you will get to a point where you are using mostly, if not exclusively, cloth, it just might take some time to get there. :)

Mama Goose,  3/26/2009 3:51 PM  

oh yeah, you could also try just using the tiny insert of the bumgenius for naps. smaller, but still the same softness.

Andrea,  3/27/2009 9:18 AM  

Amy YOU are a bumgenius! I hadn't even thought of using the smaller insert...duh. He is napping in it now and I will update with the results :-)

Andrea,  3/27/2009 11:47 AM  

IT worked! Great nap and no leaks. Hooray!

Mako Shark,  3/27/2009 4:41 PM  

Woo hoo! I love good ideas. Now I can feel smart for a while. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP