Who are we kidding?
Let's skip straight to being 90. Jerry and I plan to grow old together. I hope we are blessed with many many years to watch each other grow old. But, why wait? We already play UNO at least once a week, go to bed at 9pm and watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune on a regular basis. Let's be serious, we ARE old. Case in point, the new storm door. We decided to install a storm door on the backside of the house so that we could get more light in the kitchen. All the sun is on the south side of the building and we don't have any windows there in the kitchen. Problem solved! However, since I am 25 days away from being a mommy, I wasn't much help in this endeavor. So Bob came over and he and Jerry installed the door. It looks great! AND it's so nice to have the light and look out on the back yard.
Which brings me to our premature aging issue. We currently have 5 (yes FIVE) bird feeders in the back yard. It all started with 1 sunflower feeder attached to a tree and then a second, followed by a suet cage. Then when my husband decided to make his own suet, the one cage became 3 and there you have it. He is still holding out on the hummingbird feeder, but that is the one I really want so maybe my time will come soon.
All that to say that in the past few days we have really been able to watch the birds FLOCK (hehe) to our yard. It's like wild kingdom! We have cardinals, finches, woodpeckers and various unidentifiable other species. Next on the list is the Peterson's Guide and a pair of binoculars. I finally realized this morning that the storm door isn't really for light at all, it's so we can birdwatch in the winter and not freeze. Mission accomplished :-)











4 comments:
I want to see a picture of the storm door!
added ;-)
The door looks great! Is the dog loving it too?
Love the door and again...so jealous of that yard. Though shalt not covet thy neighbors sweet yard!
Post a Comment