Motivation....I never knew you....
This is the "busy season" at my job, which in some ways is good because it makes the days go by faster. However, in other ways I feel totally lost. I have notes everywhere and things are starting to pile up on my desk that I need to put away (much like our house) and I just feel motionless. Yesterday I had a meeting at a client group and I went to the wrong location. Thankfully, the right location was only a few minutes away, but I definitely feel like this little baby is already stealing my brain. I write everything down and now I am learning that I have been writing things on the back page of other things which can be a setup for disaster. Thankfully, nothing has happened (yet) but man I will be glad to get my focus completely off this job and onto our new life!
And as for the job, I will say that I am really thankful that they have been so kind throughout the pregnancy (spare a couple of crazies). It always seems to happen that way, you are about to make some changes and then everyone is your best friend. Go figure. But we'll see what happens after Mr. Tumnus arrives. I am not slamming any doors shut just yet.
I also just realized that of my friends, I am the next one to have a baby! We had a few folks who were due this month and have all had their babies! So I am next up! Congrats to Mike and Amy, Colin and Holly, and Jared and Chelsea! I am really thankful to be in a great group of new moms. I can't say it enough. I know how important community is and honestly, I don't know how I would do it without you ladies!
As far as the house is concerned, there are a few more things that I would really like to be done before the big show. The nursery is almost done and I think we are getting our crib mattress today (yippee)! I would like to make sure the guest room/office is organized. It seems to be 2 steps forward and 1 step back in that room. Jerry needs a space and that is where it will be, but I know he will be much happier when we have a place for all his "things" (music stuff, computer stuff, etc) So that is a priority. We also need to do something about our laundry drain. Every 6 months or so it backs up and starts to overflow just a little, but enough to to damage to the walls at least. So we get it snaked, but after doing that twice already, we aren't really up for another giant plumbing bill. This time we are going to start with Drano and see what happens. We can still use the machine as is, we just have to stand there and stop/start it if it starts to empty faster than the drain.
Otherwise, there is just a massive cleaning that the whole house needs. I am not quite there yet, but when that nesting instinct hits I already have a list going of what I will scrub first. Up to now all the nesting has been in the form of fun stuff and all the nitty gritty just sits there and laughs in my face. So you see, I think of lots of things to do, but when the time comes I just can't seem to get it done. I hope that instinct kicks in soon! And that's my rambling for today :-)









2 comments:
Um...I'm still waiting for that particular instinct to kick in...
motivation is pretty tough in pregnancy. enjoy the distraction of work, though. i basically sat on my butt waiting for daniel. it was a long 9 months :)
Post a Comment