10.04.2008

Dresser - check!

Jerry and I finally finished painting the baby's new dresser! I got this from my mom and have used it in it's original state for years, but decided it would be great in the nursery. So here it is!

Before

After

After

So far the weekend has been great! We had our traditional pancake breakfast (we do it every week) and then I spent the morning knitting some wool pants to cover cloth diapers for when we make the big switch (I am thinking it will be after the first few weeks). I ordered some supplies this week and I can't wait to get them! I have a feeling the whole cloth thing is going to be addictive. I went to the yarn store on Thursday and Friday my mom gave me a GIANT stash of my grammy's old needles in every possible size. They are so lovely and colorful and shiny. I may need to dedicate a blog just to them! There are so many knitting folk out there, we should start a stitch'n'bitch! Or maybe just stitch....you get the idea ;-)

So yeah, I pretty much knitted till my hands froze and I had to switch projects! So we finished the dresser and Jerry did some yard work and now we are going on a date. Tomorrow we are in the band so likely we will see many of you there! Have a great night!

9 comments:

Nicole,  10/04/2008 11:06 PM  

i LOVE what you did to that dresser! esp the color accents and way you switched the hardware out to make something so traditional look modern. way to go!

Jessica,  10/05/2008 9:13 AM  

Pretty! I makes me want a creamsicle!

Mama Goose,  10/05/2008 10:18 AM  

Great job on the dresser, that is amazing!

I'm in on a stich-n-bitch. I need to get out of the house and be crafty with other women!

Jamie,  10/05/2008 3:22 PM  

We have pancakes once a week too! The dresser looks great, you guys are going to be so prepared. By the way- I thought that we wouldn't use cloth in the beginning, but we pretty much started with cloth on about day 3. It was no big deal. ...ps- i'm going through a major learning experience with my pocket diapers right now regarding detergent buildup (it makes them water repellant!) So email me when you get into things if you have that problem.

Jamie,  10/05/2008 11:18 PM  

ps-- be careful not to accidentally dry your handknitted longies! I knitted beautiful covers and washed one in the washer. It then got thrown into the dryer by mistake and now fits a mouse. Daniel felt bad for doing that. But he thinks jerry has a better awareness of "textiles" (as he put it)...what does that mean?

Anonymous,  10/06/2008 11:15 AM  

This looks awesome! You and your hubs did an amazing job! Maybe refurbishing furniture in the future as a business? How fun would that be?

Kelsey Wesley,  10/06/2008 8:33 PM  

Trendy as always Good Job Mommy and Daddy

Kiona,  10/08/2008 12:45 PM  

I am so into the stitch n bitch!! Or stitch and ... something. Let's do it!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP