9.23.2008

It's like a see-saw.....


One day I am up! The next I am down. I seem to be going in a daily up/down cycle of energy. I will have a good nights' sleep and then an energetic day, followed by a sub-par nights' sleep and a crappy angst-ridden day of woe. Ok maybe not WOE, but I mean would it be too much to ask to level this thing out??

Overall, I don't have too many complaints. And even the sporadic sleeping is becoming pretty easy. Thankfully, and my husband will vouch for this, I can fall asleep faster than you can say "thanks but no thanks for that bridge to nowhere"....unfortunately, with the exciting and terrifying pregnancy dreams that persist, the sleep isn't quite as restful as the days of yore.

We also had a pretty busy weekend. Saturday was cleaning/laundry day and we went to 2 weddings. Sunday was church and more chores and we each had evening plans with our friends. It was a great weekend, but I wonder how much longer I can keep up this pace.

The great news is that I will most likely be allowed to work from home in January, so I pretty much just have to make it to the holidays. Then for the last month of pregnancy I can just lay in bed with my laptop and messy hair and it will be business as usual.

I am having a lot of fun though. Also this weekend we met with our doula (yay we picked one!) and we love her! She has already been super helpful and we will meet with her once more before the birth. This time it will be at our house so she can see how to get there. We are birthing in a hospital, but she is going to come to the house during early labor and then transfer with us when it is time to go in. Of course all of this is assuming I will have a spontaneous labor WHICH I REALLY REALLY WANT.....so here's hoping. We also decided on a birth class to take which is in November so I am excited about that. It seems so far away, but if October goes as quickly as September has, waiting will be a piece of cake. Mmm....cake...

My weight gain is going to be epic. Mark my words. So far i don't see it THAT much (I do see it) but I can safely say that I have already surpassed the recommended weight gain for an entire pregnancy. Talk about a go getter! Ugh. Let's just hope I fit through the door when it's time to get this baby out :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous,  9/23/2008 3:02 PM  

Just FYI- I totally also surpassed the recommended pregnancy weight gain with Nolan. Sure it's more work to get rid of it after, sure it wont be fun, but you know what, it was the only time in my life where I could happily and guilt-free give in to my appetite, and I will never regret that! Ever! Enjoy it while you can ;-)

gunter fam,  9/29/2008 3:02 PM  

you look great! glad to hear that you found a doula!!! yay! do i know her? so excited for you all.

Andrea,  9/29/2008 6:39 PM  

Thanks and yes you do! We are going with Christina. She's great!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP