2.04.2008

Super Week!


Wow, what a lot going on this week. It kicked off with the Superbowl and tomorrow is Super Tuesday. I'll leave politics for Wednesday, so today let's talk Superbowl.

I, like many half-hearted football fans, didn't really have a favorite going into the game. I heard a clip on NPR about New England's near perfect season and while I usually default to the underdog, I was hoping the Patriots would get their final win. Good thing I am not a gambler!

We enjoyed the game and of course the commercials. I have a list of favorites that I thought were memorable:

- The one with the screaming animals was the first one that made me laugh - in that haha animals who think they're people kind of way

- The Macy's Parade where Charlie Brown wins the coke was just downright touching. In a world where Peanuts are all but forgotten, the context of football was the best place for CB to finally win.

- The E*Trade commercial with the talking baby. The first run was amusing, but the 2nd was downright FUNNY

- I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Will Ferrell Bud Light commercial. Will does his best Will and that's all I need.

- Another Budweiser commercial, this one with the Clydesdales. Specifically, the new kid on the block who gets trained by a dalmatian. I think Jerry teared up.

We spent the evening at Kim and Reid's and we had a great time! Lots of food, good friends and football. Who could ask for a better evening? For a full write up on the Superbowl commercials, check out the NY Times. And to view them and vote for your favorite, check out the Wall Street Journal!

Which one was your favorite?

3 comments:

Angie,  2/04/2008 12:57 PM  

Thanks for the link! I didn't watch last night. My favorite was the E*Trade with the baby. I didn't see one with screaming animals though...

Anonymous,  2/04/2008 3:14 PM  

You picked the same favs we did!

We actually rooted for the Gians, so go us! Brad DIDN'T want the Patriots to beat Miami's record of the perfect season, and I had to root for the underdog, especially after I heard a radio guy say the Giants were done and that "it was time for the qb to realize that he was ELI Manning" (meaning he's not his big brother Peyton who won last year and not good enough). Made me mad. Had to root for him.

Anonymous,  2/04/2008 5:27 PM  

I am totally sticking with the Doritos commercial where the 'mouse' comes through the wall and beats Doritos guy up. That's my kinda humor!

Then again, Will is too, so let's just say those two are sharing the spotlight IMHO

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP