1.29.2008

4 Years and 2 months...

If you are wondering what that number means, I'll tell you. It is the amount of time that I have been contributing my life's blog to the internet. After googling myself earlier (everyone does this right???), I found my original home at tabulas.com and my very first blog!

So as our President just finished his final State of the Union address, I thought it fitting to remember my inaugural post. It's sweet. It's sassy. It's totally embarrassing. Complete with picture of me dressed up as Pink for Halloween 2003.

Enjoy :-)

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza

Posted by Lilkidthings at 07:36 PM on November 18, 2003.

The thing is, I have been resisting a live journal for so long. But then something amazing happened and I had to tell the whole world.

A complete stranger gave me coffee money. God Bless the intArnet!! You see, it's just when you think the world has gone to hell in a handbasket that some inter-geek (like myself) says, here you go, Lilkidthings, here is $2, go get yourself an iced coffee. I just know this is why mankind was created.

Although there is always a snag in life's little plan, and that is the cruel joke of a 24-hour library with a coffee shop that closes at 11pm. Not 11:05 MR. WE MEAN BUSINESS!!! So after peppering the streets with the frantic pitter-patter of my caffeine needy feet, I finally came upon the Gelato Cafe, who though closed, took pity on this poor strung out paper-writer and bestowed upon me the sweet nectar that is my vice. God bless Gelato Cafe.

So you see, it was imperative that I have a live journal to commemorate this highly moving event in my life. I hope you know what this means.

2 comments:

Angie,  1/29/2008 11:18 AM  

This makes me want to go look up my first post, which was only about 2 years ago

Beth,  2/06/2008 8:45 PM  

The thing is...you look so much like Pink in that picture, it frightens me. I'm just waiting for you to order me to "get this party started" because you're coming up. Seriously.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP