1.07.2008

2008 - off to a Good Start!

I shopped my local grocery store this week and found a couple new (to me) products that I am ready to fully endorse! The first is Cascade Fresh Yogurt!


I love yogurt and eat it almost every day. But I can't stand the sickeningly sweet kinds. Especially the low calorie ones with sugar substitutes. While I am not completely weaned off of my dear friends equal and splenda, when they are added to a product by anyone but me, the result is almost always too sweet. Enter the yogurt! Here is a bit of information about the company from emaxhealth.com

The Cascade Fresh Philosophy

For the past 23 years, Cascade Fresh has been following their hearts, not a corporate formula.

-- All Cascade Fresh products contain 8 live active cultures, more than any other yogurt brand, to provide maximum health benefits.

-- All Cascade Fresh products are naturally sweetened with fruit juice instead of refined sugar.

-- Cascade Fresh yogurt is cultured in the cup. Each cup is an entirely separate batch of yogurt. This means each cup of yogurt has a higher pro biotic count and more natural flavor.

-- Cascade Fresh does not use milk from cows treated with rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone). In fact, they pay their farmers more not to use any steroids, hormones or antibiotics.

-- Cascade Fresh products use no preservatives, excess stabilizers, artificial sweeteners, or artificial colors and are 100% gluten free.

Sounds good to me!!

Secondly, this yummy discovery was a risk I took in the salad dressing aisle. I generally have always been a straight up Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette kinda gal. But I know that Jerry prefers creamy ranch-like dressings. For some reason, I don't like buying lots of dressing at once...don't judge me..This time it paid off because I found a compromise!


Drew's All Natural Dressing and Marinade is excellent! I chose the Kalamata Olive and caper dressing and it is so delicious! And it's another all natural product. Gluten, Dairy and Sugar Free! And with only 60 cal per tbsp, I can't complain!

Now I am not making any grand statements about going natural, but with all the stories about hormones and cloned meat and antibiotics going around, I can't help but take notice of my labels. Let me know if you decide to try one and what you think! Or if you already love it, enjoy! :-)

4 comments:

Angie,  1/07/2008 6:41 PM  

I was intrigued by the yogurt and tried to find it, but they didn't have it at my store! :(

Andrea,  1/07/2008 10:31 PM  

Do you have a whole foods or a fresh market around there? I bet you could find it around the college somewhere....

Anonymous,  1/08/2008 6:08 PM  

On a completely unrelated note, I used my first "smart alec" post-it note today; The "OR ELSE" variety.

- Dean

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP