Yeah it's that Awesome....
When Jerry and I got married, we knew that the first year had the potential to be really tough, or really awesome. I think it is safe to say that at least so far, it has been comfortably in between with trend toward awesome. I seriously want to credit Jerry with this. (gag alert)
There is definitely something to be said for a patient man. And though we all have faults, one thing I can definitely boast about my husband is his patient heart. He has honestly engaged in my issues and outbursts with such care and concern that I don't even know how I could complain about anything!
Marriage is teaching me to focus on the important things. It is so easy to get caught up in the 9-5. But those are the least important hours in the day to me now. Of course one needs to be actively growing and learning at their job, but the old saying "work to live, don't live to work" has never been more true to me. I have all these lists of "who" I want to be or "should" be or some other "word in quotes", but I am going to learn patience. Things happen in their own time and what better way to wait it out than with the love of my life???
I am learning to trust in God for the rest and I know it will happen in His timing. To quote Joyce Meyer, " The good news is that no matter how real our pain may be, or how big our problems may seem, we can overcome all of them with the Word of God."
I'm so thankful that He has brought us this far and looking at how many blessings we have, it would be crazy to think God is not going to continue to care for me. So yeah, pretty awesome.









3 comments:
Dean and I have been attending a 'Love & Respect' class. One time there was a discussion about how everybody's first year is really tough. Then they asked if any of us didn't have a rough first year. Dean & I and one other couple raised their hands. So, it CAN be done! I think you guys will be great!
Me too!! :-)
Your post couldn't have come at a more opportune time. I am currently going through a multiple of emotions and anxiety about job security (I'm interviewing for my job on Tuesday), purchasing a larger home - read: one that is more than one bedroom and that would allow us to have children in the next couple of years.
Thank you for the reminder that patience is truly a virtue - and one that I aim to possess. My fiancé truly is the more patient of the two of us and really brings me back to a calm and centered place - what would we do without fabulous people in our lives?!?
Post a Comment