9.06.2007

Our Programs

As I mentioned in an earlier post, making our programs was definitely my least favorite project. However, with a little bit of help, they turned out great!

Let me say that I do not recommend doing what I did. It was labor intensive and non-efficient. Two things that I really really hate. However, with the resources I had, I did the best I could. I designed the programs in MS Word using the same font that Dean used on our invitations. They had 5 one-sided pages: Cover, Order of Ceremony, Wedding Party, Family, and a Poem. We had some card stock left over from our invitations so we used them for the backing and fastened them with brads. And by we, I mean my mom! After listening to my frustration with printing, cutting, and folding, she graciously offered to finish them off by punching the holes and fastening the brads. She used to make jewelry so she is quite dexterous with impossibly tiny findings.

After I finally got everything laid out correctly, I took my originals to Kinkos and made copies onto off-white paper. I decided to forgo the fancy paper at this point because I was so ready to be done with this project! I spent over an hour cutting all the little pages (about 3inches high) and brought them all home to assemble! Here is a picture of the final product!

**Picture courtesy of Jessica

I love the way they turned out!! The poem we included at the end is one of my favorites by William Butler Yeats called Brown Penny:

I whispered, 'I am too young,'
And then, 'I am old enough';
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
'Go and love, go and love, young man,
If the lady be young and fair.'
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.

O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.

2 comments:

Angie,  9/06/2007 11:46 AM  

Your programs were my favorite programs of any wedding ever!

Kelsey Wesley,  9/06/2007 5:58 PM  

I took almost the same picture how funny,..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP