GOOD mornin...goood MORRRRnin :-)
Ahhh Tuesday. It smells like rain. Hopefully, the rain will wait one more day so I can get the rest of my leaves bagged. As it turns out, my "no plans" plan was quite the motivator this weekend. I hung pictures, made my kitchen curtains, cleaned a bit and went to the grocery store! Then on Sunday, Jerry and I did yard work for several hours. It was a beautiful day! I cleaned out the workroom and raked around the back of the house and found all kinds of treasures. Jerry bought a lopper and was cutting little vines and trees down like crazy along the fence line. It looks SO much better!!! We filled 4 bags with leaves and have an inhuman pile of branches to tie up. There are still several piles of leaves to bag so that is what I would like to tackle tonight.
If this sounds like a lot, just imagine the amount of leaves and twigs 5 giant trees would produce in 3 years, then imagine that the previous owners did nothing but leave them on the ground. And then I came along and bought the house. This is what I am saying.
As tempting as it is to hire someone to do it (and yes I am still tempted), each time we have a yard day, I really do feel great about getting out there and taking care of the land. It's so Little House on the Prairie.....Next thing you know, Krusty will be warning us that Timmy fell down the well.....wait, wrong show....ANYWAY, it 's fun, we had fun, and the yard is lookin good! There is a good chance that mom and dad will take the shed. I REALLY want them to take the shed! They want it, I want it gone. It's that simple. Now it just comes down to logistics. So, we'll see.
This is a busy week for us. We pretty much have something going on every night!! But so far so good. And Amy is coming this weekend! Yay! Life is good :-)









5 comments:
What kinds of treasures?
DO NOT GET RID OF THE SHED. I repeat, DO NOT GET RID OF THE SHED! Are you crazy? That's shed is awesome! If you can move it, than move to the back of the yard or somewhere it won't bother you. Trust me, you WILL regret it someday! I will horsewhip you if you get rid of that shed.
I mean it.
I mean, it's practically a guest room! I would kill for that shed! Do you know how much it would cost to get a shed like that? Dean and I have been in this house for way longer that we expected. We have 3 three kids and have way out grown it. We are now paying rent for storage space. DON'T GET RID OF THE SHED!
Sorry, rant over.
Maybe...
That shed is one of my favorite thing about your house. And the giant trees, the huge fenced in back yard....I think I might cry.
Lose the shed? Are you INSANE?
- D
It's going! Mom and Dad need it! We don't. There is no point in letting it sit there empty for 5 years until we have stuff to put in it. Plus I have that other shed/workroom that is attached to the house. PLENTY! We like YARD. :-D
but your posts made me laugh..
Post a Comment