10.23.2005

Holdin it down

I had a great time in Atlanta with Joe and Carrie and Lee. The weekend can be summed up in 3 words really: food, alcohol and sleep. We went to the UGA game in Athens on Saturday. I did not realize that this would mean waking up at 5:30am to get there in time to tailgate for the 12.30 game, but whatever I was up for it. We walked around downtown for a while and hung out in the main square relaxing. Carrie's husband Lee is a great guy, and I will affectionately call him...."opinionated". Walking back from lunch, we observed some guy in khakis, pumas and a tshirt stretching with one leg up on a tree:

Me: wow look at that guy stretching, weird.
Lee: Man, what a douchebag. I mean look at what he is wearing with those shoes and that little tshirt. Nothing says douchebag more than a medium shirt.
Me: haha yeah I guess..
Lee: Dammit I hate a medium.

We had a fun time at the game and ended up getting excellent seats about 20 rows up on the 30th yardline. UGA won, which everyone was happy about. Then, Saturday night, we went out for sushi in Buckhead. I had a dragon roll, it was SO yummy! Then we went a few more places in Buckhead and walked around, went dancing and just had an all around good time. Joe and I got all caught up on our lives and all that good stuff. It's really nice to have a friend that is supportive of my decisions simply because they trust me to know what I need and to let it happen and vice-versa. It was a really nice time.

Funny thing is, I wanted to get away so bad, but I was really ready to come home. On the way back I stopped in Charlotte for dinner with my 2 sisters and my niece Aly. It was so good to see them and catch up and just hang out. Basically, this weekend I realized I had a lot to come home to. I love Raleigh and my friends here and even my job for the most part. I feel like I got just what I needed and I am ready to face another week. And that is a great feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP