Thanks
I am so genuinely thankful right now. I'm almost overwhelmed. There isn't one specific thing really, but the culmination of events that have happened in my life and even the people that surround me at the moment have all had a significant impact on the way I live. I can't say that it has been easy a lot of the time, but I am so thankful that I can learn from everything around me. I want to really know people and be truthful about my life. I think that is how you really learn. I have so many people I can be real with and 'do life' with. It amazes me that one person can have so many real true friends. I get lonely, a lot actually and I think man, if only it was this way or that way, THEN I would be happy. But, I wouldn't trade a single thing I have gone through for the greener grass. It's too important.
I saw Arthur Burt speak tonight. What a truly inspiring and wonderful man. At 93, he was jumping and laughing and speaking the most simplistic, yet most influential words I have heard in years. He has 9 children and 52 grandchildren!!! Can you even imagine? My dad has known him since the 60's and there are so many things about Arthur that my dad has imitated. To me, that is incredible. To see my dad, someone who you think has it all together, watching and learning from someone he respects. I looked across the room and saw my dad just awed by this ordinary man. He was digesting every word. That is what I want to be. I want to be the kind of person who recognizes wisdom and absorbs it. I am so glad I went. I really can't express what I am feeling right now. I am just so grateful.
Arthur tells a lot of stories in his messages, and tonight he talked about an eagle who was living among chickens instead of soaring majestically above. We choose where we are, but not what we are meant for. We are meant to be eagles. Waiting for the wind, instead of working and flapping our wings. But, he said you have to choose it. "Choice is a tremendous motive and takes you beyond will". We are meant to be eagles.
I am so glad that I have a place to hear this stuff. It is so easy to get sad and complain about everything. But it's time to start encouraging eachother. I have the most amazing friends and family that anyone could hope for and you're gonna hear it. :-)









0 comments:
Post a Comment