8.27.2005

NASCAR

Seriously, what is the big deal? Even people who profess to hate it are somehow drawn to this "sport" as to a train wreck. Last week, I was at a birthday party for one of my favorite 3 year olds ever, and as one of the only people without a husband or children of my own, I was enjoying the observation of all the different families and friends that were present. It was a fun time and perhaps the most interesting part was when Jacob opened his presents. Everyone was oooh-ing and aaaah-ing and then it happened. Jacob got a quality replica of a nascar car. The car made the rounds more than anything else at that party as every dad quietly found his way across the room to 'inspect' the goods. It was fascinating to watch men of all ages be mesmerized by this toy. I learned 2 things that day, 1)you can never really take the boy out of the man, and 2)Nascar is a force to be reckoned with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP