New York New York
Well here I am again in New York! The interview is tomorrow and today has been a lovely day of travel and relaxation to get ready for the big day! I went to a new church in the City. Took me forEVER to find it. But I did, and it was worth it. Much MUCH better than the one I tried on my last visit. Since I went straight from the airport I was stil 30 minutes early, even after wandering around for the better part of an hour in Soho. SO, there was a ballfield conveniently across the street from Mosaic (the church) and I sat there reading and watching a mom play baseball with her 2 young children (both of whom were better than I ever was, I might add) That is one thing I love about the City. While you get so used to all of the concrete and highrises, there are all of these beautiful parks around and something about them being so out of place makes them all the more beautiful...almost...greener.
So it has been a good day. I met up with Ben and Lindsey for lunch at Gray's Papaya Hot Dogs...Finally got my hot dog!! It was good and now it's over. It's a beautiful day today. The weather is great. I tell myself that now knowing full well that I will actually freeze to near death in the coming months...but we'll think about that later.
I am definitely feeling more positive about the move on this trip. I think having a better experience at this new church helps alot. It's not so much that I NEED to be in a church all the time, but something about it helps me maintain my center...as if no matter where I am in the world, this is home. It's comforting really. I can only hope that tomorrow I will feel this good!! I am so ready for this interview to be behind me!! So much to do and I just can't seem to get focused!! Alot of things are happening right now and I am enjoying them all. Next month at this time, I will be back here...no longer a visitor, but a resident. It's mind-boggling. This has been one amazing summer. I can't even express how alive I feel. And hopefully, this is only the beginning.









0 comments:
Post a Comment